Embassy of Ghana to resume consular services
The Embassy of Ghana, USA, wishes to inform the general public that it will resume Consular Services on Tuesday, September 8, 2020.
To enforce COVID-19 safety protocols, the Embassy will no longer offer in-person visa services. Individuals who are interested in acquiring visa services are required to do so through our online visa application platform.
Those who wish to acquire new passports, replace lost passports or renew old passports are also required to submit their applications online and schedule in-person appointments to complete the mandatory biometric data process.
All prescribed COVID-19 protocols including social distancing, enhanced hygiene and sanitizing as well as mandatory wearing of face masks on the Embassy premises will be enforced for all in-person appointments.
All visa and passport applications must be submitted on our website www.ghanaembassydc.org.
GHANA TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Individuals traveling to Ghana are required to strictly adhere to the following new directives as stated by Ghana’s President during his 16th address to the Nation on Measures Taken Against the Spread of the Coronavirus:
- All passengers arriving in Ghana must be in possession of a negative COVID-19 PCR test result from an accredited laboratory in the country of origin and the test must have been done not more than seventy-two (72) hours before the scheduled arrival in the country. All airlines have been instructed to ensure compliance with this directive for all passengers traveling to Ghana;
- All passengers would be required to undergo a mandatory COVID-19 test at the airport terminal upon arrival in Ghana at a fee of one hundred and fifty dollars ($150.00) to be paid by the passenger. The test result will be available within thirty (30) minutes;
- Children under the age of five (5) will not be required to undergo testing at the airport;
- Passengers who test positive for COVID-19 will be handled by the health authorities for further clinical assessment and management; and
- Passengers who test negative will be admitted into the country and will be advised to continue to observe COVID-19 safety precautions during their stay in Ghana.
Details of the directives can be found on our website www.ghanaembassydc.org/newguidelines
Head of Information & Public Services