GHANAIANS AND FRIENDS OF GHANA IN THE UNITED STATES DONATE $59,000 TO THE GHANA COVID-19 PRIVATE SECTOR FUND.
- Posted by admin
- Posted in NEWS AND EVENTS
On Friday, April 16, 2021, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration donated $59,850 to the Ghana COVID-19 Private Sector Fund on behalf of Ghanaians and friends of Ghana in the United States.
Last year, under the leadership of the former Ambassador, H.E. Barfuor Adjei-Barwuah, the Embassy and Ghana’s Mission in New York embarked on a campaign to raise funds to support the Ghana COVID-19 Private Sector Fund. The fundraising campaign was in close partnership with US-based Ghanaian Churches, Professional Associations and friends of Ghana including:
- Ghana Physicians and Surgeons Foundation
- North America Ghana Nurses Foundation
- Ghanaian Hotel Workers Association Of New York
- The Council of Ghanaian Association of Washington Metro Area
- Dr. & Mrs Kwame Bawuah Edusei (The Edusei Foundation)
- Global Infectious Diseases Institute
- Presbyterian Church of The Redeemer – Houston, Texas
- Lansing Lee Advisors
- Association of Ghanaian Advance Practice Nurses Abroad
- Presbyterian Church North America And Australia
- Ghanaian Pharmacists Association – North America
- New Patriotic Party – USA
- Ghana Chamber of Commerce, New York
In addition to the support from the professional organizations, churches and personalities, the campaign raised additional funds through the Embassy’s Virtual Concert. The Embassy wishes to use this platform to recognize the contributions and support of the following musicians, organizations and individuals who made the concert successful.
- Sonnie Badu
- Joe Mettle
- Okyeame Kwame
- Bisa Kdei
- Minister Jeshrun
- Cwasi Oteng
- Nana Yaw Boakye (MOG)
- Emily Gyana
- Philip Osei Bonsu and Omanhene of Asempa
- Nana Aba Anamoah and Bola Ray of GH One TV
- Dr. Bertha Ayi
- Serenity Empire
- Analyticks Consultancy and Management
On behalf of the Government of Ghana, the Embassy extends its deepest appreciation to all the professional organizations, churches and, individuals who supported our efforts, and the thousands of people who donated through the Embassy’s Facebook Virtual Concert.